3.20.2005

Need Some Tunes That Go Zoom Zoom

One thing about my new car that I do not like is the factory radio/tape deck that it has right now. WTF? A $43,000 car when it was new in 2000, and all they get is a tape deck? So since I want to put a new head unit in this, I wanted to get something that had all the stuff that I wanted. Things like in-dash CD player, MP3 and CD-R compatibility, and fit in the same as stock. That last part turned out to be the issue. I had purchased a nice simple Pioneer unit about a year ago that did all that for $150, but no aftermarket units would fit in the SLK320. After searching around, I found that the only real option I had is to get one of the European models that are their stock systems. Evidently, the euros are more up on car stereos, because they ones they get are cool, much cooler than a freakin' tape deck. I found the Becker Monza 7882 fits my needs and it is on the net here and here. Evidently, MB stands for Mo' Bucks...

No comments: