3.12.2005

I Am TeH sMartest Man Evar!!!!!111

I spent about 5 hours last night with my buddy Beau installing Linux on my home theater PC and trying to MythTV up and running. Linux is the open source operating system for computers and MythTV is a robust suite of applications that are used to control a computer hooked up to your entertainment center. It does all kinds of good things such as digital video recording, photo slide shows, mp3 music playback, TV scheduling, video conferencing, video games and much more. The best part about it is the entire package of software is free and developed under the open source convention buy other users. I still have a few kinks to get ironed out with the video display, but we got the entire operating system up and running in just a few hours. Not bad for some white boy from Wichita :p

No comments: